Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm baaaaccccckkkk!



So after many moons, I am finally back. I don't have new years resolutions...just a plan.


I am choosing my life this year. Now, don't get me wrong...it's not some fatalistic wow, my life sucked last year (or the year before) kind of thing, but rather an enlightening moment that I had. Okay, be prepared for what may sound like a really dumb thought, but I really realized that this is it...my only life. I talk about the things that I think would be great or fun to do, but then life happens and then the time has passed. I can't get it back, that time I've wasted, but I can choose something different this year.


I love my job. Teaching middle school has both aggravated me and invigorated me. I look at the kids and shake my head in wonder. What makes them think? Do they think?
This year has been crazy...I am teaching math, teaching Lee Academy (and after school program), and taking classes toward my Masters in Teaching Math. This term I am taking 6 graduate credits. I may decide that I am crazy! Time will tell!
All is going well at this end of the world. Adam did well in his first quarter at Southern Oregon, Stesha did great at PCC, Simon is loving high school, and Javad is doing well in Kindergarten.
I will be writing more about Javad o his blog...check it out for more information!
Live, love, choose!
Shanno

No comments: